Okay. So, I suckered you all in to regular posts and then I disappeared for like a week. Why? What happened? Well, I'll tell ya. First, the twins had their three year check-up. They are still on the low end of the spectrum for how big they should be. And yet, the doc still told us to stop worrying about whole milk. Then the youngers started school. Joy has a very pretty young teacher who is very nice. And young. Thank God she has energy. Then the twins started preschool. It's my second year with their teacher and I'm just grateful for Glenda. She is all about loving and no-nonsense. That's a serious balance that I aspire to. I was the classroom helper for their first two days. For this, their third day, I got a background check so that I can work as a substitute at the school. I also went to Ikea. And Big Lots. And Michaels. And Tuesday Morning. And I didn't have any kids with me. And it was amazing. I love them. I really do. But you go to the grocery store with them just once and you will feel me.
But wait. That's not all. If you read now you will find that another huge event has occurred in our home. Jim and I had played around with the idea of hosting a student participating in an intense English program. We hemmed. We hawed. We caved. So, the core of last week/weekend was losing a playroom and moving the den over so that Jim finally has an office once again and gaining a room for a student. And so, we are now the proud hosts to one Eunseok from Korea. He is very, very nice. And he thinks that I am like the greatest cook in the world. He is quiet and mostly keeps to himself. He came on Sunday and I already hope that he chooses to extend his stay past the initial 4 week period. The way the program works is that a student stays in 4 week increments. We get a stipend to cover food, room and board. The first month will cover all the furniture and changes. But if we make it to a second month... wooo hooo! The fact is that having Eunseok staying with us puts us on our best behavior, makes me have dinner available at a fairly consistent time nightly and motivates me to pick things up now-ish rather than later. He is a conductor and was thoughtful enough to give me a dvd of one of his performances. I don't know much about this kind of stuff but he looked like he knew what he was doing and the music was beautiful so... I think he is totally talented. He is self-conscious about his English skills but he is actually fairly adept at speaking and writing to us.
That's kind of all I have for you. Which is really fairly alot. I'm going to take some time to adjust to the new schedule and try to figure out some semblance of a routine. Jim is nuts with work and travel. He is doing an amazing job of nailing proposals and bringing in business for his company. That dude is serious smart and talented and pretty cute to boot. The last thing I might mention is that I was blessed with the opportunity to experience some ministry time. For those of you who don't know, this is a time you spend with some folks who just encourage you and pass on information in the name of the Lord. The message that they felt convicted to pass on was "rest and receive". So, my task for now is to work on doing things WITH God and not FOR God. Easier said than done. And yet, wholly worthwhile, no?
For now, I say good night. Thanks for taking the time. Much love from our home to yours.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment