Monday, October 12, 2009

Straight up nuts.

As you might imagine, I have been a little leery about getting back to the internet in an intense way. Having your personal email account hi-jacked puts a bad taste in your mouth to expose yourself to the possibility again!

In the mean time, life in our household remains crazed. As usual. Although it might actually feel like more than usual...

We are still in process of getting the upstairs bathroom redone. It will be terribly gorgeous and I may want to detach it and take it with me should we leave this house but it is definitely taking a while.

Eunseok has come and gone. He stayed for 4 weeks and was a lovely guest. He was very complimentary of my cooking and very quiet and respectful. However, he needed a car to get around and wasn't able to cover the expense of both a brand new car and boarding with us. So, we lost out to a very lovely Honda accord. It was tough competition! He gave the kids gifts on our last night together and promised Jim and I tickets for a concert he will conduct someday. I look forward to that.

So, yesterday we were chilling out and adjusting to being just the 6 of us when I received a voice mail about a student that was coming and running late. Uhm. Say Who? Say Wha? I knew the name but didn't have a final word on expecting anyone so we scrambled to be guest ready and welcomed a road-weary Olga from Columbia. She had a long travel in which her luggage didn't make the final destination with her. She is very nice and is married with children. She is here to have an intense language immersion experience for work and I'm sure that it will not be easy to be separated from her family for so long. Her bag arrived today so I hope that she is feeling a little more settled.

I did my first gig of substitute teaching at the preschool on Friday of this past week. WOW. I have a new-found respect for the teachers at our preschool. I have taken for granted that it comes with ease to them and truly, they work hard. I felt like a fish out of water and hope that it will be easier the next time I do it.

We have decorated for Halloween and have solidified nearly everyone's costume. My eldest son and I are not seeing eye to eye on his desire to be someone from G.I Joe (a movie he hasn't even seen...) just because he has a cool gun. Ewwww.

I have been keeping busy but not necessarily doing the work that needs to be done. I have been struggling with getting my act together. It feels like at any given time there are 1, 429 things to do and in order to accomplish just one, I have to get ready by doing 5-37 steps beforehand. It's a frustrating way to live and it's all too easy to just accept defeat and leave the house or jump on the computer. And, uhm, avoidance isn't all that conducive to uhm, happy husbands apparently. So, if you have some spare prayers to spread around, I need to really instill discipline in my life.

I have been thinking about the link between discipline and disciple alot lately. You can't be a good disciple and follower of Christ without discipline. And I guess I need to work on trusting God to pull that out in me despite myself. I just hate that it is such a deep struggle and I hate feeling as though my service to and relationship with God isn't as rich as it could be and won't be until I can put one foot in front of the next and move forward. Just some additional random thoughts in the midst of everything else.

much love from our mixed bag to all ya'll.

No comments: