Monday, September 7, 2009

Monday Mayhem




Happy Labor Day. It is no small irony that on this date 3 years ago, I was laboring. I mean, I think it's still considered labor even if it is a C-section. I am still unclear about how all that shakes out. But the bottom line is that we had a birthday today. Two of them in fact. I can't believe that the twins are now 3 years old. I know it is such a cliche' but for real where did the time go?

It was nuts today ya'll. Jenesis had a fit or melt-down over just about everything. Joy alternated between being extremely gracious about not having that attention or getting any presents and subtly sneaking in and playing with the brand new birthday toys - the ones that they absolutely do not have to share today. That's when she and Jericho were not bickering. Or hitting. Or tattling. Jericho was a mess too. I don't know what was in the air. Is it a full moon tonight?? The only one that was his usual sweet self was Justice. There were presents and indulgent meals and snacks and 2 cakes. A pink unicorn cake and a Batman cake. And chocolate ice cream. And vanilla ice cream. And over-sugared, over-stimulated, CRAZY kids. Two of which are upstairs in their room giggling instead of going to sleep. They have been up there for about 45 minutes now. And it would normally be cute and sweet to listen to but not today. Not after all the rest. So. It's the end of the day and Jim and I are trying to watch State of Play and just be.

Thank you to all of you who sent well wishes and cards and presents. Thanks for loving us. Thanks for celebrating such a miraculous and happy occasion as 2 become 3.

No comments: