Sunday, August 23, 2009

wow. Really? one year later?

Well, just about. I can't believe that much time has passed. I'm trying to figure out what makes me so busy that I wouldn't just be able to post about it and nothing seems to take up that much energy.

Here's what I can tell you. My son has gotten huge on chicken nuggets and pizza. 20lbs in a year - sheesh. It was great for him to catch up but I have been cautioned about not doing that every year! The twins are about to be 3 and I can't really even wrap my brain around that. They will be joining Joy at preschool 3 days a week. We got back from Myrtle Beach last week and had a great time. Jenesis is still terrified of the beach and the ocean but is somehow so brave that she was sticking her head under water while running around in the pool with her floaties on - seriously - she would just float with her legs just in constant motion as if running and would dunk her head down. I searched out shells at the beach and marveled at the majesty of what God gave us to look at and enjoy. I have taken my first ever mission trip to New Orleans and it was amazing. My core group there has become an extension of my family and I can't wait to see them again next weekend. I have scaled back my serving to two roles at this point. I had heard God telling me to move and listened (read the book of Haggai for some motivation!). Now I'm hearing Him tell me to rest and am really trying to be obedient to that call as well. I do prep squad on Thursdays - we get the materials together for Kids' Club for the weekends at church. It feels like more of a blessing than a service - they watch my kids and I talk to adult women and accomplish stuff - a feat I am unable to duplicate at home! The second role is with Unbound which is a student prayer movement to combat modern-day slavery and human trafficking. It's something I feel too passionately about to step down from. Jim is trucking along at work with some travel here and there. It looks like it is his turn to get more involved with church. I'm so grateful that he has been supportive about my moving when I felt called to. That dude is a keeper. And he is super cute too.

There is no lack of personality around here. It is loud and messy and some days we get along and some days we don't. It's just life and God is growing my ability to appreciate that for what it is. When I take time to consider that alternative - the reality is that there isn't one. I wouldn't trade this life for another and I'm rich beyond measure.

I put alot of time and energy into couponing and searching out bargains. Jim and I were blessed to take part in Financial Peace University and it has changed our life. We have committed ourselves to getting completely out of debt and the light at the end of that tunnel is so tangible and sweet. We are still on a learning curve but it has changed my perspective on the value and worth of things. I'm amazed about how much you can get for free or for pennies if you just take the time to get educated and follow along with some very wise people who are kind and generous enough to share their information. Their websites are mentioned herein.

Thanks for checking in. I will try to be more faithful about letting you know what is going on. Your love and prayer and support are always appreciated. Feel free to let us know how ya'll are doing!

big smooch.

2 comments:

BonCoffey said...

Big smooch back! It's good to have you back, Jenny, and to let us take a peek into your life. You, Jim and the kidlings are loved beyond belief.

Justin said...

cool stuff thanks for sharing!