Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It's been a while...

Howdy! I'm trying to make some changes as the twins wake up (okay, they have been awake for a while...).

Jericho started school last month. This will be the year we decide if the Montessori method is a good fit for him. I think it is a little too much freedom and he's not real big on going above and beyond expectations. So, we may need to tighten up the expectations. He is growing a big ol' snaggletooth in the front. He is just getting so big. He loves to read and Captain Underpants is a particular favorite.

Joy starts preschool at a new school on Friday. It's going to be three and half hours, three days a week. She has met her teacher and has a Barbie lunchbox so she is super excited. She is fully potty trained and is quite happy about the Joy sized potty at the school!

Can you believe the twins will be 2 years old soon? Jim and I have to figure out what it is we are going to do to celebrate. I'm sure it's safe to assume that cake and icing will be all over the place as a part of the festivities. They are so stinkin' cute. They play so well together and they make my heart swell with the way they look after one another.

Jim's work is busy. They have been getting a lot of projects and are looking to hire.

I am doing well. I think that the depression is being held at bay right now. I am becoming active at church by co-creating a new community group for moms. I am really excited about the group and the plans we have. I will share more news as it develops.

My other obsession at this point is... couponing. I have been reading up on cincymoms.com and have ventured into the world of CVS and ECBS and am dabbling into Walgreen's and RRs and stockpiling and oh...it has been fun. I have goals of updating the blog with some websites that I have found deeply helpful and may even include some of my great bargains for you to try to do at home!

We took our very first family vacation this summer. We headed to Dad and Vicky's in South Carolina and spent about 3 1/2 days with them and then met Mom and Mike in Myrtle Beach. The trip went really well. I thought the roadtrip would be excrutiating but it wasn't bad at all. It's a blessing to have opened up the kids' worlds to ... more of the world. Both sets of my parents were deeply generous and patient and we are so grateful for the time we spent with them.

Okay. I think it's time to grab some babies. Gosh, I can't really call them that anymore can I?? It won't be the same calling them the toddlers. I guess I'm moving on to calling them the twins. At any rate, nap time is sooo over.

Much love from our home to yours.

2 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Glad to see you're back! Looks like a great pic, but it won't "click" so that I can see it close.

Love you deeply and hope to hear from you soon! Hugs...

Vicky said...

Love the new blog format! Good job.

Love,
V/GV