Nice title, eh?
Ah, the changing of the seasons. Jim and I have an ongoing debate about the merits of fall. I say I love it and he says he hates it. After a few weeks in, I feel it is important to clarify my stance. I love crisp, sunny autumn days full of brilliantly hued trees with yellows and golds and oranges so vibrant that you can't even believe that they are real. I hate gloomy, dreary, gray, cold, wet days where you can't even face the trees because you are busy just getting from point a to point b and get the hello kitty back into the house. I hate feeling cooped up and without options. And I hate the germs that start to materialize and the crinkle I get in my brain trying to work out how I could possibly have gotten ill when all I've done is go to the grocery store. For real, ya'll. Use those dang clorox wipes they supply by the carts. Those handles get a nasty lot of exposure.
So here's the scoop. Jericho got sick last week. He got a pretty good cough and a fever and missed two days of school. And then he had a four day weekend. Then Justice got feverish and a cough. The fever went down and then spiked again 2 days ago. The same day Joy's fever showed up. Justice is going to the doctor today. I'm not terribly worried because he has responded fairly well to the Advil and was all nutty and hyper last night. It's the stuff drooling out his ear that needs some clarification. And then my cough started. I have been sleeping on the couch so that there can be ONE parent who has a fairly consistent night of rest as I cough and clear my throat and hack and snort. I'm tired. And lonely and isolated and frustrated. You all know that having sick kids is a big trigger for me. There is trust and faith and then there is feeling tested... We haven't been able to do my favorite fall activities as a result of the weather and the illness. This coming weekend is the last chance for HallZooWeen. Please Lord could we have good weather on Saturday!!! And the pumpkin patches - as a scrapbooker this is killing all my good photo ops!
In the mean time, Olga has moved out. It was so easy to take it personally since we heard about her intentions from a third party and it took some time to talk to her directly about the situation. I mean she was only here for a week! But as a Colombian, she was dang cold walking to the bus stop every morning. And she didn't feel comfortable maneuvering the bus system. She did enjoy the kids very much and she hopes to join us for Halloween. We hope to get another student next session. And the next and the next. It does wonders for the Dave Ramsey plan we are trying to work! And I think that it is so important to be exposed as a family to different people and different cultures. I would love to have another female student. It felt far more relational and comfortable.
That's about it for this update. I have to get us out of this house today. Or else!
Big wannabe healthy smooch from our house to yours!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can relate to the title. It seems to be going around. I hope that you and the gang are feeling a little better now. Ok, I am just saying that because I really want my pumpkin photos for this year!
Post a Comment