Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Birthday(s)!!!






Well, another year, another 3 celebrations. Jericho turned 7 amidst friends and legos galore. We had 13 kids, 3 babies and 6 adults wandering around the bottom of our home. God was kind enough to stop the steady stream of rain we had during the morning. We got a window of sunshine and were able to get all the kids into the backyard. Pizza, cake, ice cream, lego contests. It was truly a blast.

Jim turned 38 but somehow thinks that I am old at a spring chicken year younger than him. Jim surprised me with a day off from work for my birthday. We dropped the kids off with a sitter and enjoyed breakfast out at my favorite morning-time restaurant. Jim arranged another surprise with a sitter for the evening and an extraordinary dinner at a restaurant that I had really wanted to try called mesh. It was truly one of the best meals I have ever had. Filet Mignon with Bearnaise sauce and Lobster tail, scalloped potatoes, grilled asparagus. For dessert: chocolate and orange frozen souffle. I know, right? Jim had the same but with a different dessert - a raspberry tart. Wow. 37 has started off RIGHT! My prayer for this new year of my life is that I leave it even better than I entered into it. I just want God to continue to reveal Himself and His plans for me and that I am used by Him. There has been some serious growth in my life. It is not always easy or painless but looking back - it is necessary and it is good.

Joy has had her 3rd (and I so hope last!) visit to the emergency room. Her eye was swollen after spending time outside on a pretty day. I have never seen an eye swell and wasn't clear on what I was seeing - we just knew that it did not look right. It turned out to be allergies. It was a relief that it was something minimal. Since then she has developed an ear infection AND an ear canal infection. Sheesh. She has really enjoyed preschool. Her last day is next week and there is a bowling party to celebrate. It will be a blast!

The twins are great. I so desire words from them. They are learning. They understand quite a bit. I just want to hear their sweet voices communicating what they need and what they see. The way that they have fun and look after one another is enough to melt my heart.

Jericho is having a tough time with the changing season. Sensory kids are really thrown off when their clothes and climate change so dramatically. It manifests itself in ways that you don't expect. He did get a bike for his birthday. He looks great on it and I'm grateful that he is so comfortable on it. The training wheels eased his mind so much.

I can't think of much else to mention. The weather is driving me nuts. I just need a commitment, dadgummit! Be cold or be warm. I can't get seasonal clothes put away because no sooner do I pack them up but a cold front floats through and I have to get out sweaters and such!!

I am on the upswing. I am grateful for all your thoughts and prayers in that direction. I will need them even more as summer approaches and I have full access to all the kids for 3 solid months. We have got some good plans in there and it will be exciting. A little daunting here and there but fun too.

Much love from our home to yours

No comments: