Friday, March 14, 2008

It's that time of year... again.




































































It starts today. Four years ago on this date, a worried mom took her daughter to the emergency room at Children's Hospital. It never occurred to the mom that only one of them would leave the hospital but that's what happened. Today marks the heartbreaking 6 days it took to go to the emergency room, end up in intensive care, make a wrenching decision while losing our daughter and have a celebration service to commemorate her all too short life.

Thank you to those of you who have been letting us know that you are thinking of us during this time. The cards, calls, emails and prayers are so welcome and appreciated. Journey was just a tremendous and special tiny girl. She affected so many lives and I believe that she continues to make a few of us think about things a little differently and appreciate what God has blessed us with.

In honor of Journey, our blog will take a symbolic virtual "moment of silence" for a few days while displaying some pictures of our beautiful angel.

3 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Love the photos, and love you, too.

Vicky said...

We love you.

Love,
Dad and Vicky

Becky said...

You have moved me to tears. I can't imagine (nor do I want to) your pain and your loss.

You have a beautiful family and I pray that your road to healing has brought you far and that you continue this path as I am very sure this is a pain that will never fully heal.

Sending hugs.....