Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Just pray is all...

Okay. I don't have any new pictures or anything. I'm just updating everyone on what is going on around here.

Jericho got sick last Tuesday and missed the remainder of the week as well as Monday. It was basically a fever and lethargy. Jenesis had a touch of it. Justice is getting over it and instead of that illness, Joy decided to have hives. Yes. Hives. From what we can figure out (and hope that we have anyway) she reacted to a free sample of deoderant that I received in the mail. No. She isn't stinky. She just likes to do what Mommy does when Mommy is getting ready to go somewhere. Fortunately, while the hives were moderate in terms of their appearance, she didn't have any trouble with her breathing and they were gone (for good, we hope) yesterday.
We were a little nervous about it having something to do with Tank. He has been scratching ALOT more lately and I wondered if the increase in dander and hair was causing a reaction in Joy. Took Tank to the vet and apparently he has allergies so he is on medication and I'm hoping it's not long-term. We can't really afford a sickly pet! And it was heart-wrenching to try to figure out if we were going to have to get rid of him. For a second time. Speaking of which, Jenesis is coming around and is getting a lot more comfortable with him. We still have hiccups from time to time but I am hopeful.

In the mean time, I picked up the achey fever thing and was a little useless (okay, a little MORE useless) around the house for a few days. Today I am finally feeling like there is a turn around but my back is really, really giving me trouble - my sciatic nerve is flaring something awful. I feel like a 70 year old for Pete's sake!

On a pleasant side note, we are no longer burning up. The air has a crispness that is on the edge of too chilly. But it does make for a nice change and it makes it feel like Halloween. We are hoping to head to the zoo this weekend in costumes - which will be so stinkin' cute you will be so proud to show the pictures off. Surprises to be revealed soon!

I'm off to feed all the kids and head out. If you are the praying sort, we could use a little extra. It seems that I use my back to perform quite a few things - like walking and picking things up and holding people - and well, you get the idea. I wouldn't mind my kids being healthy as much as possible too.

Much love from our crazy house to yours...

No comments: