Sunday, December 16, 2007

AHHHH!!!! The holidays!

Well, here I finally am once again. Between shopping and well, shopping, I haven't taken the opportunity to update you one what's what around here. I am on a tight little schedule with the computer as we are down one and Jim has a project he needs this one back for. Here's what I can cram in until he comes in and makes his demands:

Justice is walking around. I just love the site of a new walker. He is amazed and pleased with himself. Jenesis is content to push a walking toy around but doesn't have much interest in letting go and going it on her own. Ugh! They had their 15 month check-up on the 7th and didn't get any shots as they both had ear infections (in opposite ears!) and ended up on antibiotics instead. I'm supposed to fatten them up a little as they are a little low on that stupid chart the docs like to use to measure up babies. I don't know. Jenesis especially seems nice and squishy to me. We head back on the 21st for those missed shots and to make sure the drugs did the trick. In addition, Joy had pink eye. WOOO HOO! 'Tis the season.

Jericho is doing well. Winter is a tough season for sensory kids. It's kind of an assault as well as a deprivation all at the same time. We are cooped up and when we unleash and go outside, it's cold and wet and cold and wet some more. School is going well. He is a fantastic reader and is just wicked smart in general.

Joy is getting a little bigger. And a little more willful and a lot more independent. Except for the potty. Still can't get that to happen. I plan to have a full attack on that after the hullaballoo of Christmas dies down. She loves to dance and to sing. She likes to watch Mommy's cooking shows. She is funny. And did I mention challenging? Ah. 2. Soon I will be saying "Ah. 3", because I'm pretty sure nothing magical will happen when she blows out the candles. She will still be a pickle.

Tank is shedding like mad. I continue to be concerned that while he is an amazing and gentle dog and a great fit for our family, we might not be a good fit for him. He is allergic to something in our house. If it's diapers, he's in for it.

Christmas is going to be amazing. Dad and Vicky are coming in and it will be quite an extravaganza on Christmas morning. Thanks so much for all your contributions! We have a fence around our Christmas tree and it isn't nearly as protective as you would think. We have still ended up with broken ornaments. I guess the upside is that it hasn't landed on top of tiny pulling people.

That's the news fit to print. Jim has just come in so I think I better not push my luck. I have plenty of wrapping to do and clothes to wash and... well all the rest of it.

Many many Christmas wishes from our blessed house to yours.

No comments: