I don't know how many people have been checking in just hoping for some morsel of news about us but I am sorry to disappoint lately. I have much to catch up on what with Halloween passing and moving full throttle into the holidays.
We got to go to Hallzooween twice. It is so much fun to see the kids dressed up and the animals play with pumpkins. And thank goodness for that photo op as the twins decided to nap through the entire trick-or-treating festivities on Halloween proper!
Halloween was fantastic. It was still light out when everyone got started and the weather was perfect. It felt like one of those late spring nights when everyone just wants to be outside and everyone is friendly towards each other. One family on our street really uses the holiday as a ministry. They are obviously active in a church that seems to get together and put king size candy bars and a tract about Jesus in a packet for the parents and a goodie bag for the kids. It's the don't miss house on our street! This year they took advantage of the weather and grilled hamburgers and hot dogs to pass out. I just love that instead of being down about how wrong it is to celebrate or participate in Halloween (been a sore subject on a moms website I'm active on...), they use it as an opportunity to spread some real love and blessings on our community. That's what I'm talkin' about...
The twins were told to start walking by Halloween. They are starting a nasty trend of disobeying. They are trying very hard. Jenesis likes to stand up and celebrate her accomplishment and if Justice doesn't put too much thought into it, he will take a step or two. Okay. By Thanksgiving then.
We are attending an event at church tonight that I am really excited about. One of Jim's favorite speakers/authors will be there:
http://gregboyd.blogspot.com/
He is GOOD! It's an event for the volunteers and should be a great time. We are pretending it's a date since they will offer childcare. :-)
Speaking of volunteering, I put in a card to start volunteering at church. I'm trying to put it into God's hands and allow Him to put me where He wants me. And also, not to get somewhere that might be uncomfortable and tell Him that He might not have thought it through enough... I do that sometimes. I'm so glad He is ridiculously patient with me....
I gotta run for now. I will post oodles of pics soon. In the mean time, if you are a part of our snapfish clan, be sure to check. I update those regularly so that I can print and scrap. I've got an overnight crop next weekend and hope to knock out some serious pages (for those of you who don't scrapbook, I realize that sounded more like this... "blah blah blah blah blah". Whatever. You know you love looking at the results.
big smooch and much love from our busy house to yours
Friday, November 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment